Thursday, March 29, 2007

Scripts On A Plane

Just a quick update here.

I'm stuck in Rewriteland for now, on somebody else's thriller.

It looks like vacation is coming sooner this year, with Tokyo and Shanghai, possibly a little Romania thrown in for good measure. Then it's LA for July and August. Yay! Will my script be ready until then? That is the question.

I doub... Undoubtedly, I meant! Damn! I'll do it even if I have to work on the plane, while crisscrossing the skies*. And I'll do that even if there are snakes on the damn plane!

"The snakes in Spain stay mainly on the plane." -- thank you, Eliza.


I put aside about 60 books for a quick review and listing on this blog. Which is a daunting task, no wonder I'm in no rush to do it. Plus, there is this temptation to re-read a chapter here, a chapter there, and days just vanish...

I keep finding cool blogs and enjoying others' universes. I recently loved reading Koepp's interview on Media Bistro. And was intrigued by the severe review Darwin Mayflower (over at Screenwriter's Utopia) wrote for the famous "Steinbeck's Point of View" by Brandon Camp and Mike Thompson (for which the scribes will apparently get in excess of 6 mil.) So what if that's old news and you had all read it? It was very fresh to me. Six years is not that old in this industry. The movie is still not made, so...

I have to admit that I would have never guessed what it was about. I had assumed some heavy duty biopic winking compulsively at the Oscars. But... Oh, well, that means planes are definitely in. "LOL!" (gotta love Unk's hearty and contagious virtual laughter! BTW, his site is awesome, and everyone who's anyone says so. Check out his forum as well; I can't quite comprehend why it hasn't taken off with more gusto... Unk may seem forbidding when he's wired, but he's actually... really NICE!)

*I know, I'm showing little to no consideration for the planet when travelling so frequently, but it's not my fault if my family found it fit to establish themselves in all those remote parts of the world. We're all nuts. Let it however be noted in my favor that I recently gave up on buying the car of my dreams, because it is a shameless gas-guzzler extraordinaire. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Si Tokyo, si Shanghai?! Ce te mai invidiez! :D

Anonymous said...

Love Japan, in fact, I got hitched in Kyoto . . . happy travels!

WW said...

Thanks! I wish I were more in the mood for it all, though... I'm really swamped now and can't properly prepare for this trip. At least I hope I'll manage to get my Shanghai restaurant list together before leaving. I know, weird priorities. But I miss *real* Chinese food so badly!